Timmy's 9 (wahaha)

Tim turned 9 on Saturday. Can you believe it? Time is going to fast. I, for some reason, seem to get ambitious when it comes to his parties.

We asked Tim what kind of party he wanted and he said Bak.ugan. I think to myself that's ok I can handle that. Little did I know that there is nothing bakugan out there except the toys. So I made his invitations (not proud of those at all), made his cake, made the posters for the gift bag. Ugh, what was I thinking. All this and trying to get things together for r.s. activity on the same day, again what was I thinking.



This is how the cake ended up but it was not what I was planning. I had planned on making a game board (shown on the floor with the kids around it) but when I went to put the second layer on the cake it just fell to pieces. Mind you I was in the middle of finishing things off for relief society too and I about fell to pieces when this happened. Thankfully, mom came over and helped me finish it or else we would have had one really skinny, lop sided cake and lots of broken cake for his party.



Then I made cupcakes for the kids to take home as part of their party favors. Each cupcake had a candy chocolate bakugan on top of it. I made these by hand. Everything on the cupcake is eatable. If you ask me they look more like ducks but Tim liked them so I guess that is all that matters. (If you take the head off the character it look more like a bakugan) I made 18 of these. My hands were purple and blue for almost a week trying to make these.



I had the kids try to suck smarties up a straw and move them to another bowl. It was funny watching them suck so hard and only get 1 smartie at a time.

Then we played bakugan upset. Much like fruit basket upset, but instead of fruit we used bakugan charaters. I think they had the most fun with this one because they could get up and run and knock each other out of the chair and not get in trouble.

We played this for almost 20 min. They didn't play the smartie game but like 3 times but this they could have played the whole time.

After the games I had them do a scavenger hunt to find the birthday cake. I purposly made them go from downstairs/upstairs and upstairs/downstairs. If the clue was upstairs the next clue lead them downstairs. I had hoped that the clues would take them a lot longer to figure out but they had them solved before they even read the whole card. So I had to stand in the doorway to keep them in the room before they would run out so they could here the whole clue. This took all of 5 minutes. So we had to fill the time with other stuff.

They did a small battle before everyone left.

Things were getting a little slow the last 30 minutes because they did everything so fast that Ben pulled out the fart cd and stared playing it and the boys went wild. They were laughing so hard they could hardly stand up.



Look at how red Manson's face is, he was just busting a gut.

One of the things I had the kids do was decorate their own cupcakes.

I think they were pretty creative.



I have to tell you I just love this little guy. He comes from a really good family and I just love him to pieces. He crackes me up all the time. You think he is this quiet little boy until you get him talking and he has the funniest things to say.



Lilly even got in the party fun if you look real close you can see a package of smarties in her hand. She sucked on it forever, well, until I took it from her.

1 comment:

bottoms family said...

hey your cake turned out nice!!! It looks awesome, I could never do that!!! You are the cake massa!